14 Jan Why is massage cupping good for me?
There are several different way in which massage cupping can be used to initiate a variety of benefits below. When used for pain relief, the focus is to relieve muscle tension and reduce inflammation. When cupping is used for contouring, its effects are more than esthetic. The lighter suction used for body contouring but ALSO reduces pain in the body!
As we age our tissue quality degenerates. We don’t absorb water as well; tissues become dehydrated and rigid. Fluids in our legs that have not been flushed by the pumping of muscular activity congeal, get stuck down and cause stickiness between the layers making it impossible for muscles to slide and glide over each other.
Cupping uses negative pressure, or reverse pressure, to help pull apart these layers and drive fluid (pumping and activating lymph) into and in between the tissue helping to decrease excess waste and build up of stagnation in the tissue and help to keep the liquid parts of our body stay fluid! Unlike positive pressure used in massage, cupping decompresses muscles and connective tissue promoting blood flow to the compromised area, enhancing circulation and helping to increase the body’s own healing processes — almost like a backward deep tissue massage!
ENTER CUPPING: GLOW: Lips & Hips service
The HIPS part of this service specifically targets the the glutes, hamstring (upper back of the leg), quads (upper front of the legs, and the abdomen THE LIPS part of this service is facial cupping aka NoTox.
Without proper slide & glide of the connective tissue, in the legs for example, we start stumping along as we walk; we get lower leg pain. Our feet muscles get weak because the legs aren’t working; the feet ‘spread’ from the weight of the body on the undertoned foot muscles. The patterns of distortion either by injury or habit; use and misuse, are amplified by the stiffening of tissue quality. This is seen as lumpy, saggy and flabby tissue/skin. The LIPS and HIPS service is a LIFT of the GLUTE, yes a natural butt lift, smoother and toned belly and natural face lift!
Here are a few benefits of cupping summed in a nice tidy list if you are a list kinda person:
1. Improved circulation: Cupping can help improve blood circulation to the affected area, which can help speed up the healing process.
2. Pain relief: Cupping has been used to relieve muscle tension, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain from a variety of conditions such as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, and migraine headaches.
3. Relaxation: Cupping can help relax the body and mind, improve sleep, and reduce stress and anxiety.
4. Detoxification: Cupping can help remove toxins from the body by stimulating the lymphatic system and increasing blood flow.
5. Improved skin: Cupping can improve skin tone and texture by increasing blood flow and stimulating collagen production.
READY TO ROCK? Book the Lips & Hips service at Tao or call/text Tao for more info! 732-775-1550.